Tuesday, May 20, 2014

'True Tori' Makes Me Sad



I have so many feelings about 'True Tori.' Let me just put this out there before I go into the trenches: I read all of Tori Spelling's books and faithfully watched her previous reality endeavors. I'm not particularly a Tori fan but I do sympathize with her. In my opinion, she is a genuine and caring person who has been through a lot of shit in her life. (Granted some of it was self-inflicted, but who hasn't screwed up?)

I am a firm believer that if someone has cheated once they probably will again. It is no secret that Tori and Dean hooked up when both were married and were cheating on their spouses. I agree with the logic that if he cheated with her, she shouldn't think he wouldn't cheat on her. But at the same time I sympathize with the fact that she was so in love with him and no one wants to hear that the person you believe is your soul mate, and has your name tattooed on him-or-herself, is going to hurt you. I also understand why Tori is still with Dean. It is easy to sit home and judge and throw around words like "cheater," "sex-addict," "alcoholic," "crazy," "desperate," "pathetic," and the like but ultimately, that man is the father of her children and the love of her life and it is completely understandable that she would do anything to work things out.

Okay, so now that that is out of the way I can say that watching 'True Tori' is really hard for me. It is difficult to see a couple's marriage dissolve on television. I feel horribly for their children who not only are experiencing all of the fighting and the yelling but will also have this television show as documented proof of just how ugly things got between their parents. That is not something any child should have to bear witness to. I also feel terrible for Tori. I know she believes doing this show is for the best because it helps her to share her story but I know that it can't be easy to put the darkest problems in your life on national television.

One of the only positive things I know of going on in Tori's life is that she seems to have the full emotional, and if necessary, financial, support of her mother, Candy Spelling, for the first time in a very long time. Candy and Tori have a notoriously difficult relationship which was damaged even further after the death of Tori's father, Aaron Spelling. It took a long time for them to come back together, a reunion I always hoped for as I poured through Tori's autobiographies and tuned in for her television shows. At a time such as this, it is so important that Tori, Dean, and their children have a ton of support so they can work on putting their fractured family back together or come to a peaceful separation.

I genuinely have no idea what is next for these two but I know no matter what it is, I will be reading/watching/cringing all the way.

Article: http://www.eonline.com/news/542811/tori-spelling-cries-and-screams-about-having-nothing-left-in-most-gut-wrenching-true-tori-sneak-peek-yet

No comments:

Post a Comment