Wednesday, May 28, 2014

'Castle' Season 6 Finale Cliffhanger

castle-finale.jpg

I have been a loyal 'Castle' fan since Rick was a playboy and Beckett sported some not-so-attractive short hair. Since then, I have been waiting for those two crazy kids to realize they were meant for each other. When they finally came to in the Season 4 finale, I never thought that two years later I would be gearing up to watch them get married. But they never made it to the alter.... Shocker. 

In a seemingly contrived cliffhanger as a ploy for ratings when the show returns in the fall, Castle's car was driven off the road by shady characters in a stereotypical black escalade before he could say his vows. What makes me the most angry about this is that the cliffhanger is really not all that cliffhanger-y. The show is named after him, so it is obvious that Castle is not dead. Of course Beckett is going to get him back and they will eventually get married. 

In my opinion, a real cliffhanger should be one where the outcome can't predicted with any high level of certainty. Even last season's finale, when Castle proposed to Beckett on the heels of her announcement of moving to D.C, you knew that somehow Beckett would end up back on the NYPD but I genuinely had doubts as to how the proposal would play out. 

I guess I just think 'Castle' can do better than fiery car crashes. I mean come on, just the week before Beckett was finally able to put her mother's killer in handcuffs and she can't even enjoy her bliss for one episode to marry her dreamy fiancĂ©?

No comments:

Post a Comment