Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Dina Manzo Returning to Real Housewives of New Jersey

The Ladies of Jersey (Season 6)

I don't know about you but when the announcement came at the end of a routine episode of the second season of Real Housewives of New Jersey that Dina Manzo had left the show I was flabbergasted. I loved Dina. Her big blonde hair, glitzy jewelry, Jersey accent, feuds with Danielle Staub, and such famous quotes as: "I don't know if she wants to be me or skin me and wear me like last year's Versace." (A quote I still use to this day).

Another bout of sadness came when I heard news of Dina's feud with her sister Caroline and sister-in-law Jacqueline, both on the show and easily my two favorite wives. This past year, after the end of the franchise's tumultuous fifth season, Caroline announced that she would not return and would instead have her own spin-off: "Manzo'd with Children." (You know I'll be tuned in). Following quickly on the heels of that was the news that Dina would return to RHONJ in the wake of her sister's absence.

She claims that she has been asked back numerous times and this was just the first time it felt to organic to return, I'm sure in no small part to the departure of both Caroline and Jacqueline from the show. Easily the show's breakout personality, Teresa Guidice, will remain the only original housewife on the show this season. Teresa, frenemy of Caroline and Jacqueline, is BFFs with Dina - which she never hesitated to throw in Caroline's face during an argument. Side note: A large focus of the new season will also undoubtedly be the legal troubles facing Teresa and her husband Joe.

While I am eager to see Dina Manzo on my television screen again, I am definitely not as much of a fan as I was 3 seasons ago. Three new women will be joining the cast this season and while my favorites are gone I am sure I will still watch without fail every week - and I'll lie to my friends and say "I don't actually like it. I just watch it because I'm from New Jersey." I can't help myself. It's like a fascinating sociology experiment. Where else but on the Real Housewives will you hear the phrase "a woman only needs two things: Dunkin' Donuts and oral sex" uttered with complete sincerity. I know it's a sick fascination but it's called a 'guilty pleasure' for a reason.

Article: http://www.eonline.com/news/542557/what-brought-dina-manzo-back-to-real-housewives-of-new-jersey-plus-melissa-gorga-dishes-new-ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment